View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Before dumping any mystery gunk into your engine, you should probably take a shot at using seafoam to clean the injectors, ect. If there's anything that'll burn gunking up the engine, it'll get smoked out all in one shot

A quick question: Does the car smoke during start-up?This could shed some light on the situation, especially if you discover its infact oil burning and not fuel
I have used other injecter cleaners but not the SeaFoam. I did use it earlier this year to clean off the carbon on my tail pipes. MAN does that stuff eat carbon!! I have never seen a product do that.

Since I am usually sitting in my car when I start it I did know if it smokes. Well I do know there is no BIG cloud going out the back. My old Chevy van used to this. So I just checked the SVX. It's been sitting for about 36 hours. I started the SVX and got out to the back. Tail pipe exhaust is clean. No smoke at start-up.

That is a nice thing about the boxer engine. I am sure the valve seals are gone all dried out and cracked. The leaking valve stems are usually the path for oil into the engine at start-up. Espisically after the engine sits. With the boxer design the oil can't run done the valve stem and drip into the engine cause the valves are horizontal. Much bigger problem on the upright engines.

So any other thoughts on this?

Maybe it is just valve stem oil leakage?

Thanks

John