Thread: Stupid Odot!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 06:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to sharky512345
Angry Stupid Odot!!!

so, i'm coming home. about 2 miles from home i have to stop because of road construction. after waiting about 15-20 minutes the line of traffic starts moving.
it turns out that they are repaving the road. the road is the gravel stuff that they put down directly after they put down the tar stuff. i'm going about 15 miles an hour on this stuff trying not to chip the paint or anything too much. after about 10 minutes of driving like this i get to the turnoff which is normal pavement. i accelerate to about 20 MPH when i hear this grinding on the front right tire, it sounded kind of like a flat tire or something. i got out to look to see if there was anything noticible stuck in the brakes/rotors. there was nothing that i could see.
so i keep going, i go 20 for a little bit with the screeching sound, until it sounds like a rock flys out and the sound goes away. then i speed up a little more. everything is normal until i reach 27/28 mph. then the sound starts up again. so i just go home going about 25 mph.
at home i turn into the driveway to park and when i turned the wheel somewhat sharp there is a grinding sound. i get out of the car and look at the tire, it is covered in tar with occasional rocks stuck to it. i then go underneith the car to look further. tar and rocks had splashed everywhere under there. they were all in the wheel wells and in the suspension and everywhere.

at least this is my parent's car ('95 pontiac bonneville) and not mine (because i don't have one yet) but i am still really pissed because this is the car i drive most often. and also near the entrance of my housing development one of my friends was there and he said that his brakes were messed up cuz of the same reason. why can't these geniuses pave in the middle of the nights, instead of 5:00 PM

Edit: after thinking about it it looks like they are chip-sealing the road actually. they are cheap

Last edited by sharky512345; 07-08-2004 at 08:36 PM.