View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 08:47 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: The Onion...

Quote:
Originally posted by subymtnguy
For those who don't know....

The Onion is a weekly newspaper, produced in Boulder Colorado. It is distributed free at bars, restaurants etc in the Front Range areas of Colorado.

The whole thing is a spoof, a put on, of your "regular newspaper".
It is all done "tongue in cheek". Super sensitive , and the touchy feely types might be offended; but thats their problem.
I find it very funny and clever; but then I have a somewhat twisted sense of humor!

The Onion is also available free on-line at www.theonion.com.
Sorry, but your history of The Onion is a little inaccurate.

The Onion got its start in Madison, WI. I'm really not sure when circulation began, but I suspect that it was in the early 90s. When The Onion started distribution in Milwaukee, I used to steal (hey, the paper was free) bundles from behind a building in Milwaukee and pass the issues out in my high school. That was around '92 or '93.

Every summer my wife goes go Madison (she's actually leaving today) for two weeks for a music clinic. While she's there, she usually gets me one or two Onion t-shirts. I'm wearing one right now that says 'Area Man' on it.

Edit: I was close. As far as I can tell, The Onion began circulation in '88-'89. It showed up on our radar in Milwaukee in about '91 or so, I think.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 06-13-2003 at 09:05 AM.