Thread: OT forum?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 05:10 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
New Fora

Nice idea, needs some thought about definition.

The Babble forum is meant to be about anything at all, and the Technical forum is meant to cater for those who only are interested in mechanical problems and hard information. The Mods forum caters for those who want to upgrade or even "rice" their cars.

The Babble forum gets the biggest amount of interaction, helped along by some of those post-begetting threads put in for the sake of pumping up post counts. If we tolerate them, we oughta tolerate a little gangsta fiction

J/K, I am not too happy about racist slurs, this is not the site for innovative fiction either, good or bad.

I don't like the idea of a Newcomer's forum, they will just be ignored. Definitely expand the FAQ and How-To section, ensure all newbies can find it for recurring problems.

The SVX Babble forum should be kept, and defined as anything to do with the SVX or anything Subaru. If we have an Off Topic forum, then I think it should be made clear that in general the posts should be related to motoring issues, as this is a motoring site. Otherwise, we are open market for anyone with a penchant for spouting drivel dressed as art.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl