View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 08:17 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
I must admit my amusement to the too-much maintenance phenom..any car as old as the SVX will have the same issues at some point..my 94 Ford Probe GT had more issues than I care to list..and it was in good shape..almost all autos have trans troubles..they are more complex than manuals..the manuals have troubles too but are more component based replacement issues..a new car will get you the reliabilty (quotes)..yet at that age point will need things..I look at my roomates 2002 Eclipse..it has leaking valve cover gaskets and needed a clutch already..then lets go into the recalls for it..lol 3 total so far..it has 35,000 miles on it..good times..the point of my ramblings? if you love the car enough you will fix it..and upon purchasing it you will try your best to identify troubles before purchase..your vehicle either fits you or doesn't..the cost of getting another vehicle most often costs more than the repair you would have incurred on the old car..its commitment something I have lacked with cars til I got my SVX..before I simply got rid of my cars when the problems seemed too much for me..I knew it costed more to get another car but I wanted to get rid of the problem car..only to find myself there a few months or so later with the 'new' car..thats used cars for you..the new cars? I purchased my new 98 VW GTi VR6 back in the day to escape the used cars..only to find my huge monthy payment and insurance rendered me fully commited to the car..I wanted to buy things for it yet I had to eat too choices choices as for me I have landed with the car I have always been looking for..unique, powerful, auto, awd, n/a..a turbo isnt something you should look for in an old used car..to each their own..I just needed to write down my revelation..my SVX rocks..I will deal with any problems she throws at me

Yeah very true but when its draining your wallet you won't be saying the same thing. Having an SVX is great but sometimes being practical and realistic is better.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network