View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 06:44 PM
The Molinator

Cool small cooler IN

I opted for the locally available (Hadyn) small plate cooler between the AC condensor/radiator, about $50. I'm hard up financially now or I would have installed (driver side/in front of wheel) the B&M HiTek. It makes the best sense, because of the thermostatic control - only comes on when you need it + has its own air source! BUT, doesn't get too cold here + (like I said) $50 is alot less than $190. Thanks for your inputs!

P.S. I installed after loosening top of radiator (only). Cut included hose - one about 4 inches shorter than the other piece. Attached these to cooler. Tipped radiator toward engine. Slid cooler in between with hoses facing up and bending toward driver side. Positioned hoses down side of radiator to area just in front of campaign filter (later attached one to exit [center]nipple of AT oil filter, one attached [using aluminum tubing] to the hose removed from center filter nipple). I placed nylon "straps" thru AC condensor, thru oil cooler and allowed point of nylon to protrude about 1/8 inch out other side of AT oil cooler. I used a long needle nose plier to hold the foam pads just in position over the projecting nylon point. After all four were in position, I tipped the radiator forward against the pads. Pushed all the way thru radiator, pushed on retainers and clipped excess. Seemed to work easily and well. Hope this helps somebody!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 06-29-2003 at 06:59 PM.