View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon500
Hey, someone does read my posts!

It was very rough, but oddly enough the CE light did not come on?

This is actually part of another problem, ALL my dash lights have taken to coming on at various times, and at varying intensities, until I hit a bump, then they go out again. Yeah, it's a loose connecter somewhere, but I just haven't had the drive to get to it! I only fixed the pump because I need it to get to work.

Arthur.
I'm surprised it ran. But I'm curious as to why it didn't flick a warning light on. You'd think it would've worked out something was wrong

As for the lights flashing on - I myself had that problem once. Drove me mad for a year or so, then it just stopped doing it.

Related note: About the time it fixed itself, my cruise control switch began to be a bit indecisive... When I switch the cruise on, the light inside the cruise control switch will light up for a split second, then as I'm letting the buton go, it will switch off again... almost like it doesn't want to switch on. After I hit it a few times, it stays on.

I'm sure this is just a dodgy switch - and both the SVX's do exactly the same thing. So if you work out which connector it is, let us know - and if you are fooling around wih the dash at any time, make sure you clean your cruise control switch up and make sure this don't happen to you. (My main theory is that the switch will travel too far back on it's slider, maybe fooling into thinking it is being pressed twice? Not sure because the light doesn't go off again as it hits the end of its travel... anyway I'll shut up now.)
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178