Thread: JDM Prices
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 01:58 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
So do the individual shipping charges apply to every item, even if a person was to buy more than one? Like if I were to buy two emblems, would the shipping be $18x2?

Will this order all be done at one time and coming over to you Lwin, and then you will divide it up and send them out to each of us? That way it seems like maybe some of the shipping and imports fees, etc could be dissolved into the one big shipment. Not sure though, just thinking back to when I ordered some of this stuff from John Hoffman a while back.

(that was pre-Sept. 11 so maybe it made a difference)
The items that I bought from Japan over the past year seem to follow a pattern. Different items in different boxes. For example, two emblems in the same box with a single customs declaration, but a stereo in a separate box by itself with its own declaration.

You could probably go to the US customs web site (I'm sure they have one) to find out exactly, but I believe non-container shipping must be individually declared.

I can tell you that you don't need to worry about Lwin's policies. I'm sure he will find the most productive way to get the stuff here at the most reasonable price he can. I've never known him to take the easy way out or to try and gouge anyone to make a buck.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker