View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: JDM tranny vs Eurotranny

Quote:
Originally Posted by torxxx View Post
yeah I was going to say the same thing about swapping sensors. One thing everyone should try and remember. Fuji Heavy Mass produced their parts. They tried to stick to a universal setup for the year brackets (90-94, 95-99, 2000-2004 etc)

Other than changing out sensors, I really dont see you having any other issues unless the Euro/JDM transmissions have limited slip in the front diff but even then its all internal changes NOT external.
Where was no "limited slip in the front diff" on any of the SVX models.

Quote:
As for the electronics/TCU I cannot speak of, but I'm sure the JDM shift maps are 100% completely different than the USA/CA models mainly because of the added horsepower/TQ the JDM cars had over the USA cars
He is wanting to change a Euro box for a JDM box. The Euro TCU will run the JDM box, with the speed sensor change, like it was it's own, no difference.

To my knowledge there is no difference in the power of the JDM engine to the US or Euro. The only one that does put out more power, is the model for the Eastern countries, like Danny's Lebanon model, that ran leaded fuel with no cats or any other emission gear.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.