View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 06:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Well, I have one as my daily driver. It is a '95 and got it for a steal (or though it seemed) a little less than two years ago for 7 grand with 75,000 miles. I had to put in some work right off the bat due to neglect and a shady dealership. They are a little tough to work on and if you can't do the work yourself (like me, dernit) it will cost a pretty penny do get just about anything fixed. I've had a buch of problems with mine, from what I've heard they are uncommon ones. My transmission is messed up again, after getting it pulled and fixed shortly after purchase. I also got a crack in the block by the exhaust manifold... leaked coolan like mad... stopleak has kept her alive pretty well. Control arms are shot again after replacing them a month ago.

I like the car. Pretty comfy and easy to use dash controls since they are aimed at the driver. I think it is actully pretty quick. I often lose of a stop (due to 4000 lb curb weight) but once she gets rolling... reels most in with no problem. I have taken down a new BMW 330i (I believe), lincoln mark VIII, STS's, A4s, Celica GTSs, eclipses (turbo), a really nice Acura TL or RL (was a little tough... he had a big jump on me). She ain't too shabby.

I like the battery placement... under the rear seat. I average around 18-20 mpg. Sounds real nice with intake silencer removed. I like them for the most part... I'd go for it if you can get one in good shape for cheap. Just remember that it basically a Cadillac (many shared parts) and small problems can cost you.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment