View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 04:47 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Carlisle Import Show afterthoughts

Had a great time at the Import Show in Carlisle this weekend, although I was the only SVX networker there . Met a guy, Roger, if I remember who said he posts sometimes on Yahoo. He didn't bring his car into the show though. Also met another guy John I think. He just got his car a year ago. Didn't know anything about the network so I passed the info along. Hopefully we'll see him real soon.

Took the SCCA driving school on Saturday then AutoXed the SVX. IT WAS THE MOST FUN I've head driving in a long time! Durning the school I was with 1 other guy in a 73ish Spitfire.

My bet time today was 26.3 seconds for a lap of the course. Unfortuately on my second run I hit the last cone before the finish line ruining the two low 26 second times. For comparison a turboed Focus set up for racing (one of the SCCA guys) ran in the low 24s with a high 23 as his best. I didn't think the SVX did bad at all. It did make a lot of noise sliding around the course though. Heat shields and all I think it defiately had the best sound (at least John's did when I watched him go through on Saturday)

I'm definately hooked now but I think I'll stick to the XT6 for my next auto-x.

As for the Show I was VERY suprised just how many people looked at my car. There weren't too many Japanese cars but a fair amount of Zs. I'd say more people that I saw stopped and looked at the SVX then did the Zs.