View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:28 PM

Re: new street/track suspension opportunity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Well the idea of a swap in system from an STI has been bouncing around my brain for the last couple days. If the mounting points are all the same (the strut bolts in fine) the only problem is the end link mount on our front struts. Is there anything to stop us from welding a bracket onto the control arm beneath the sway bar and finding an appropriate end link to make it work?

I may try hitting up the local Subie club to see if anyone has an unused STI strut that I can borrow for fit testing.
Wow, I have been away for a while. I was an early convert to the Megan racing coilovers and come back to see an attempt for a group buy/ SVX development! I haven't finished the thread but I see why it likely didn't happen. Too hard to get people to commit that kind of money for the development. However, they do have some that will work with minimal modification. The biggest problem would be the end link to sway bar. Same as doing an STI conversion only you get the ride and adjustability of the coilovers. I think it was Sperry (sp?) who welded a mount on the control arm first during his Sti fit up. My SVX project has been on hold due to weather, $$, and time. I just wanted to put out there that a Megan fit up with existing set ups is still highly possible. Good luck