View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 02:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Rob, c'mon... most people are a-holes... especially if you're not very cordial right off the bat. I know it is easy to get stuck in a stereotype mindset, but it REALLY makes people more likely to seem like a-holes to you. You know, you already kinda have a predetermined idea about what kind of person they are... and if they sense that air about you, they're gonna get defensive/mean. Then you've got your stereotype... they fall right into it (mostly since you already put them there). I'm not tryin' to bust your b*lls, Rob... just sayin' an open mind and a patient attitude will go a long ways.

Come to think of it... I don't think I know any VW owners. Huh, weird. I have seen quite a few that REALLY had an obnoxious air of superiority about them... but I can't blame that on the VW. I get the same thing from most SUV drivers, and the worst out of all of them are the Jeep Grand Cherokee owners/drivers. Maybe it is just the cross section of the population around here. The jerks gravitate toward certain vehicles... but it can't be universal... I have come across exceptions.

Any one else come across problems with Grand Cherokee drivers? I had a guy in one yesterday... trying to merge onto the freeway. He comes from behind, and instead of merging before his lane ended, he kept trying to get further ahead (in rush hour traffic). He just started driving in the shoulder... even though I tried to get in his way and force him in behind me. Nope, he just drives off the road a bit! I wouldn't let him in front of me... so he just decides he'll hit me... had to brake quick. Messed up thing is, I get similar crap from Grand Cherokee drivers quite frquently. At least they seem to be losing their popularity. Sorry, 'bout the rant.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear you'll try and get another SVX, Scott. Maybe it could work out REAL well for you like it did for Stephen. Totalled... get a good amount for it... buy it back cheap... then use/sell parts from the parts car. Oh, and course get another SVX. Good luck!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment