View Single Post
Old 04-13-2003, 08:36 PM
The Road Less Traveled

NY State Speeding Ticket - Help

On the way to Reading, with my fiancee behind the wheel, she was nailed going 84 in a 65 zone. Two minutes earlier, she was doing 100 and didn't even notice she was going that fast.

We were heading southeast on US390 when it happened, near Avoca, 20 miles northwest of Corning. Two things though that puzzled me on the ticket:

1) It said FRI 04/09/03. Now, Friday is correct, but the date would be 04/11/03.

2) It said (street name) ST. 17 E/B (hwy type) 2 (hwy no.) 17. According to all the maps that I have, if we were at Avoca, we would have been on US390. US390 leads into US86 10 miles down from Avoca, which then splits to ST17 and ST15 another 10 miles down at Corning.

My questions are, were we really on ST-17, and if anyone has had any experience fighting tickets and winning based on such a technicality with the date.

NY State and Ontario has a reciprocal agreement, and I really don't want the points to show up on my fiancee's driver license. If anyone has recommendations to a ticket fighter in that general area as well, I would also appreciate such info.

Thx kindly.

VK