Thread: The SVX and you
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:27 PM

Re: The SVX and you

Been a while since some one has posted to this post. This car is a toy car for me. It does need maintenance that is quite expensive that is why I say toy. I am a big car enthusiast and of rare types indeed regardless of cost. So as some one who just loves this car, expense becomes something that I've put aside. I have a wine taste on a beer budget as well. I do agree that for a daily driver something you buy new and take care of ends up being a wiser choice for many different reasons. I also own a 1989 Trans am GTA 5.7L with t-tops (Another some what rare model of those cars) and wouldn't use it as a daily driver. Although much much cheaper to work on and has been very reliable other than that stupid 700t4 transmission, which are a dime a dozen, its a very old car and needs a lot of maintenance due to this. Another toy. If you love your car you love your car, it just depends on how much you want to spend on your toys. I will be using mine as a daily driver with a fresh 5 speed transplant in a couple of weeks as it has been used for that very thing dependably for years. I as well would like a newer but low millage Toyota truck for a daily driver and start restoring my 96 SVX, 67 GMC truck, 89 T.A. GTA, and 84 RX7 to a 383 stroker drag car lol AKA my toys. When it comes to cars and cost efficiency, history of, age of car, and parts availability as well as cost all play a big roll in deciding what car is best for your needs. Research is defiantly key in making this decision. Take car of your car and it will take care of you. If you like to drive older cars just keep in mind money does play are part in dependability of your car as some cost more to maintain and repair than others which is a big reason research is definitely a smart thing to do before buying a car.