View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: So I got bored with my 94 svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by togan07 View Post
First of all, I know how to use photoshop.. but I'd rather spend my time outside with the cars then inside playing with pictures.
Secondly, the only time you get the round buff marks is when you use the wrong kind of buffer/waxer. You need an automotive one and not a stupid cheap one from Walmart or Menards/Home Depot/Lowes. I have a few from Wyotech that my buddy used going through school.

If you don't want to buy one there are a couple of options..
1. Just get that buff piece you put in your drill and be VERY light with it, or else you will definitely get the circle marks.
2. Just sand it off, it may take you a while and you may have a few scratches but it wouldn't be so bad.

Plus if you just sand it out by hand you could buy the $15 buffer/waxer from Walmart it actually comes with a microfiber cloth that is, "supposed" to remove paint although I'm not a 100% sure that would work.. but it has an applicator cloth you could apply scratch doctor to the rims and then buff with the removal cloth the scratch doctor stuff and it'd still look pretty good.

I guess some options off the top of my head, I'm sure there is more but you can go from there.
Hooray! Thanks for the tips on paint removal. Looks like I'll have a fun weekend outside with the car as well. I figured this would be do-able, but have been hesitant to take the first step for fear that I'd end up screwing everything up (I'm much better at playing with pictures).