View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 05:40 PM

Re: Help! Sunroof And Windows Always On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingElse View Post
Yah, no codes!

Another bummer is, I disconnected the relay from under the front seat and my windows still work Guess I have a short to voltage somewhere? maybe ill just part it out so I dont have to fix it

back to the wire diagram
If you disconnected all wires from the relay, I doubt if the power windows will work because they have no power source. I have not actually looked under the seat so I can't say what the setup is, but usually would involve a quick disconnect connection for the wires. Be sure terminal #4 is disconnected and please let me know what it looks like.

It is possible something else is located on bracket-under drivers seat as well. Don't know about that.

Only terminal # 4 (black/yellow wire) on the power window relay is the terminal provides the actual voltage supply to all the window controls and motors on my schematic.

Black/yellow #4 and yellow #2 are the wires/terminals for the relay contacts. #2 yellow hot at all times from the power window circuit breaker. #1 and #3 would be the actuating relay coil with #3 constantly grounded and #1 red/green with a 10 amp fuse circuit hot when ignition switch is on.

Considering this, Because #2 gets the necessary voltage, as long as the battery is charged and the battery cables are connected. The relay passes it through to #4 when actuated, or if the relay points are shorted. According to the schematic, no other scenario can exist!

There is always a possibility that something is different from the wiring diagram (schematic).

You can tell by observing the situation.

With your negative battery cable disconnected a simple continuity (ohms) test across relay terminals #2 and #4 will show a short contact situation if continuity is detected.

Let us know!

Keith

Last edited by kwren; 07-28-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling (of course) LOL