View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 07:28 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Arrow Impulse power...

Larry,
I came very close....twice....to buying an Impulse. The original Impulse that is, not the Storm-looking thing that came later. It had one thing in common with the SVX; it came almost directly from a show car...."Ace of Clubs/Spades/Base"...something or other. The first one I saw on a lot locally was painted "Matterhorn Silver". Knowing my connection to that mountain, Jean had to pry me out of it. I saw a red one around here last year, and the driver said he had had 76k basically trouble-free miles on it at the time. Wedge styling looks more dated than our timeless babies, but the Impulse still looks good to my eyes. Anyway....

I guess it takes a certain amount of querkiness to help people form a bond for a car; especially to form a group/club. Perhaps the Outback is seen by most of its owners as just an appliance.
Brat and Justy owners however... Don

PS....Thanks for pronouncing Guy....Gue....THAT WONDERFUL ITALIAN STYLIST's name for me. (I will have to listen to an endless cassette of the correct pronunciation of his name while I sleep, to ever remember it correctly!)

PS II Check out the new Autoweek everyone! A full article on the new Alfa that we have seen clips of before. Styling by Italdesign/Guy...Gue....well anyway....it is one BEAUTIFUL machine!

Last edited by SVXphile; 08-02-2002 at 07:32 AM.