View Single Post
Old 07-31-2002, 05:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Hello Matt

Welcome, and congrats on landing a 'new' '97.

Mine is also Ebony Mica LSI with 73K miles on it now. I bought it a while back with only 36K. I also bought the 5 year 60K (additional) warrentee to be covered until I hit a whopping 96K miles. It was pricey, but it's already paid for itself.

So far I've needed the tranny cooler hose replaced (it was dislogdged thanks to the front-end I later found out it was in) and a oil pump seal (for which I opted for a new t-belt at that time). I also did the 60K tune-up at that time.

I have a bearing or CV joint rumble, but it only makes noise above 90mph so the dealer doesn't think it's time yet - besides they can't diagnose the problem at that speed. So I spend as much time as possible getting it to 'rumble' so I can wear it out before my 96K comes due.

Also, when I bought it the driver's side window switch was dead so they replaced that.

Yup I have no power light and new tires. I suspect the power light was a liability for them because it really doesn't have anything to do with power. They should have made it a Torque Light for all that really happends. Really though I have no idea why they bothered on the LAST YEAR....

This is a WONDERFULLY GREAT group of like minded people and I look forward to seeing more at the next meet. I've made it to the First and Second New England meets and had a great time with this great group. Maybe I can get my sorry 'butt' out to the Reading meet this year!