View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 02:52 PM
SilVerXtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Normally, if you use the correct differential for the tranny you installed, (i.e., if the tranny came out of a car with 4.11 diff, and you installed a 4.11 rear diff in your SVX), then the speedometer should read correctly. You are the first that I've heard where the speedo isn't reading correctly. If you've installed the proper rear diff, and the speedo is still not reading correctly, send me a PM, and I can set you up with an electronic box that will allow you to make the speedo read correctly. The box costs $100.
It isn't off as bad as I originally thought. I checked the mileage on the freeway with the mile posts. After the 2nd mile I gained an extra 1/10 of a mile. I still need to take a GPS out to find out how off it is. Is this electronic box you are talking about the "yellow box". Because I really do need something for my Forester which is reading 14% too slow. Because we put a ea82 dual-range tranny in it and I am running larger tires. It originally had a cable sensor but we used the electronic sensor that was in the original forester tranny. I was looking at getting a yellow box for that. they make a version for 3 wire hall-effect and 2 wire inductive speedo sensors. I can see on my speedo sensor there is 2 wires coming from it. Yellow Box says on the 2-wire sensors that one wire must be for ground and the other is a signal. Is this how subaru speed sensors work or are both wires signal that go in a loop.