View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by svxhunter

We've found autoxing to be a bit of a pain in terms of what classes we get put in. Because of the rarity of the SVX, it's not listed in the SCCA rules. Each venue seems to treat us a bit different. We've heard "Just run it as Street Mod (SM), since you haven't touched the motor" (We won that day!!), but we had to run Full Prepared (FP) the last time we ran at the Subaru Challenge. That put us up against some of the most serious cars there that day, including the 450 hp STI Porter was driving. Needless to say, we were NOT in the winner's circle that day! I think to be a serious winner in an SVX would mean running in FP class with a power adder (Turbo or Supercharger). It would have to be a full race car. But ANYONE can have a whole lot of fun, even if they don't win!

There is no Full Prepared SCCA class, the SVX falls into E Prepared as it is not listed anywhere in their classifications outside of G Stock BUT Subaru Sedans not otherwise classified are E Prepared. Now I know you're thinking that the SVX isn't a sedan but by the definition from the SCCA it is. Any vehicle with seating for 4 is a sedan. Makes it easy. Not that this is much more help, the BMW 2002 is in the class if I remember correctly. Very simple and by the book, at least for the 92s as they made over 3k of them for the world.

Technically the car "could" run anytime now as soon as it takes in more gas than it is leaking. Problem is we have yet to find a decent, cheaper trailer for it. Besides, it still isn't exactly pretty.

Yeah, the quiet steel is that plasticy crap. We chipped a bit off and didn't think it would be worth the time. Better off finding 40 bolts that really aren't needed.