View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 01:27 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

-Under dash- completely gutted. (heater core, A/C components, ductwork, glovebox, etc)
-ALL spare metal- brackets, wiring, hoses, screws, etc. ground off, cut off, etc.
-ALL sound deadening scraped off, both under the car and in the interior (boy was that a PAIN!).
-Side windows (and all related hardware) removed.
-Interior sheet metal cut out (for example, the doors are now the exterior skins ONLY, no interior metal structure).
-Hood and trunk framing ground off (only skin remaining). Hinges gone (held on by fastening pins).
-Smaller tires.
-Under carriage and engine detailing (sounds funny, but most of us are probably carrying around 50 lbs. of dirt and grease on the bottom of our cars. We put it on a lift and detailed every bit).

There are a few things we have added- Nitrous system, strut tower reinforcing, 5-point harness, lateral reinforcing and harness attachment bar.

I think the net result is a bit less. I'll be corner balancing in a few weeks, and I'll report back.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC

Last edited by svxhunter; 02-12-2005 at 01:29 PM.