View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Lasher

jsvxstyle- my symptoms are best described in Gabriel's post.
I'm not sure if it is the MAF I need, though, judging by the responses we've had, I believe it is.. especially since I got that code from the ignition diagnostic.

anybody/everybody that has had this problem in the past-- Would the MAF cause my transmission to shift poorly?? (IHOPEIHOPEIHOPE) Shifting in low gears, my svx has been revving/coasting. I'm very concerned.

If, in fact, the MAF is bad, I would love to get my hands on one in any way possible.. though I am broke as a joke. I rather liked Alia's idea to mail one around for testing purposes. If anybody would be willing to lend one for this purpose, I'm sure we would all greatly appreciate it; I know I would. Perhaps we could come up with a fair reimbursement for this.

If, in fact, the MAF is not my only problem, and the transmission is actually going bad... I'll be forced to shoot the car and buy a nice schwinn or something. I would love to part it out for everybody, but I doubt I could afford not to sell it. Anybody know somewhere I can get some parts/service financed? Or on some sort of payment plan? HAH!

Best case scenario: MAF is bad, I can replace it inexpensively, I can get to fixing the exterior before somebody sees my precious and posts a picture of what horrid shape it is in.

~Nick: using his day off to avoid driving his SVX...