View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 02:04 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

A lot of time has gone by...

...It's a little hard getting these kids together sometimes.

Anyway, the konis and springs went in this weekend. Porter came down from Atlanta and did a little suspension workshop. After that, we all got greasy and covered with strut oil. Porter wins that one- Oh how I wish I was ready with the camera when he drilled into our still-pressurized strut and basically covered himself with strut oil! I guess I didn't help much- turns out the coveralls I loaned him (3 sizes too small) weren't at all waterproof- sorry Porter Sort of.

Then, we drove.

Wheeeee!

What a difference! THAT THING STICKS!! For those of you who have been waiting for a while for Porter's suspension kits, let me assure you, the wait is well worth it. We actually had 3 SVX'es on hand, and we drove and compared all 3- my '92 driver, Porter's '94 with suspension mods, and our racer with the same suspension mods, but missing about 700 lbs. worth of misc. You all know what my driver drives like. Porter's '94 is a great ride- one you would all enjoy- slightly stiff but extremely drivable and enjoyable. But the racer- loose the weight and it behaves like a completely different animal. Aggressive in the turns, great acceleration, in general, a BLAST!! Even Porter had enough fun that he started trying to figure out how he could put his on a diet!

We tried to go a little easy on the car- if we're going to tear it up it's going to be in Gainesville, not in practice. Even so, I think a couple of the boys were ready for a change of shorts after riding with Porter.

We cleaned up and all went home smiling. As we were leaving, the Sheriff showed up. OK, maybe some of us weren't holding back as much as we should.

We can't wait for Gainesville. Tires, alignment, cleaning, fluids, and tuning and we'll be ready. There may be faster cars there than ours, but they will have to work pretty hard to hang with us in the autox.

I think we've changed the name from the SVXtra to SVreX- any good graphics folks out there who can do the logo? (stretch the "SVX" logo and add the "re")

For those of you who have been waiting for Porter- your time has arrived!! He's got several sets on the shelf. You will NOT REGRET IT!!!

Thanks Porter- It was awesome!!

Keep SVX'in

-Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03605.jpg (60.2 KB, 257 views)