View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Re: Neon

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
If I wanted that many issues with a "new" car I'd go buy myself a 30+ year old Lotus Europa to kick Neon but at the track.
That's odd. None of my neon friends (I have a lot) have ever had that many problems.

I bought mine USED, it was a LEASED car so it was quasi abused before I got it, in 1998. It was a 97 Coupe. Here's my neon story:

1. Bought car
1.5: Headgasket went bad, still under warranty, got the new MLS gasket and didn't leak since
2. Did nothing but change the oil for a few years
3. Thermostat Broke (10 bucks)
4. Door clicker (the thing that sorta sets the door open at different angles) started making noise. New one for $45 bucks solved that problem.
5. Bought new tires (why did you put this on your list? My SVX required new tires. You either drive like a psycho or your car isn't aligned if you need to buy tires often for ANY car)
6. Drove it at 112-118mph for over an hour straight in 90 degree weather in South Dakota during a road trip. Temperature guage didn't move.
7. Beat V6 Camaros, Mustangs, Mustang GTs, older 300ZXs, Modded Civics, Integra GSR, and ALMOST a non turbo 3000GT, all with ZERO MODS.
8. Added DOHC. MPG went up about 3-4 mpg to a total of 30-43, depending on how I drove
9. Bought 16 TSW trophies with falkens. Installed those.
10. Wasted money on those fake blue HID headlights, then threw them away.
11. Bought clear corners, strut bars, installed those
12. Purchase stereo system, installed that
13. Spent 20 bucks on shifter bushings, OMG, best 20 I ever spent, Shifted like a ferrari.

All in all I basically had zero problems, except for the noisy suspension (blew a rear strut mount at some point).

ANd I beat the crap out of it.

- Rob