View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Locker Link Solution

Well, I think hybrid technology is the easiest path to start on. B20 is easy for southern states. Not realistic for typical northern consumer without a very dangerous investment from auto manufactures though. People who can modify their vehicles can do it. Unless it is a turbocharged preferable 5 speed it sucks at mpg and puts out 6-8 times the worse of the lower percentage gases. A better understanding of the carbon cycle than the typical text book will help you to understand the dangers involving the Nitrogen output, an why I am soo very much concerned about the obscene amount b20 creates. on average 6 times the emmission from a gas car! I am also VERY concerned about taking huge steps back in the progress we have made to reduce fine particle matter. If we have 25% of america driving on b20 then our output would be much worse than where we were back in the mid 80's. I would expect MANY people to become very sick and die as a result. In the case of wide spread b20 I would also expect smog rate to double unless something is done about coal, and acid deposition would be rediculous and instead of helping the environment we increase risk of a major climate shift.

we would reduce our dependancy though.

I think the best solution for bioD is to fuel buses and trucks and possibly in heating and energy production (haven't looked too much into the last two though). I am afraid of large scale implementation on consumer vehicles. (I don't sell cars anymore before anyone goes questioning that)
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?