View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
What to do about this color....

Okay...anyone who is stalking me, or happens to be an avid forum reader knows that my car is soon to be repainted. Looking at mabey next month or so...but that leaves me with just one question..

What color should I paint it?

The first thing that popped into my mind was Bipa's Black over Swiss Ruby Mica svx. Very classy, especially without the spoiler. In fact, I have already begun to clone it, starting with removing the wing and switching the entire interior over from tan back to grey (I change interiors like shirts...)

Now, it took me a little bit to do so, but I found the color I was looking for, and, although it is very nice, it just seems to be missing something.It is more or less your run of the mill Metallic red.Looks nice, but it jsut doesnt pop out as something special. I was considering adding mabey a little red pearl as an addictive, and doing the trunklid and roof in ebony mica rather than standard black. It would really give the car a bit more pizazz, but at that point it isnt a factory color anymore. Hell, I'll have to repaint my engine bay to match anyhow, so why not go with something completely off the wall custom?

I have a few things in mind for custom colors, but just for the "If I do it" shock factor I'd like to keep them semi-personal. But both are diffrent greens, and solid colors, so dont worry about me painting my car...say..bright orange with red and black lightning bolts down the side or anything like that...thats just gaudy.

So yeah, opinions, comments, concerns, or whatever would be appreciated, as Im kindof up in the air and easilly impressionable
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 08-22-2006 at 09:50 PM.