View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Agreed! My guess it that it's also coupling with the Impreza fpr (i.e. rich AFR). Yet another reason to get on that MAF bypass, Chike
-Bill
I would in a New York minute if I could pick up a spare intake tube and airbox. Otherwise, I'd like the Stage 2v5...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Its probably not quite like that. There is 13% more lift, but the throttle body butterflies are what control the amount of air that gets into the engine when you're just cruising around at part throttle. Its more likely that by changing the duration and the lobe centers, you've slightly decreased the efficiency of the engine at lower rpms, and so mileage is slightly reduced.
Understood. I'll have to monitor my gas mileage over a couple more tanks to see just how significant of a change there has been. I have been getting on the throttle a lot more of late - I just love taking it into the 3,000+ rpm range! The sound gets higher pitched like a Porsche and the car really takes off...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)