View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 08:58 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Trunk Fuel Resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflystyle View Post
Trevor,

All your information has been greatly appreciated. When reading your explanation it makes sense when paired with the diagram.

Regarding any specs or values for the resistor or the modulator, I have not been able to find anything. I would love to see if anyone had a stock unit they could test so that we could have a known good unit to compare to.

I am going to hopefully get a replacement used unit to test soon. I will provide updates as they occur.
I find this situation very sad, as years ago there would have been many members keen and able to assist you. There must be numerous parts cars out there with a resistor available for easy removal.

Furthermore, surely there is someone who can unplug and measure the resistor in their operational SVX. If I still had my car, doing so I would have involved less time than that expended in posting the required messages talking about the issue. LOL

Probably it would have been preferable for the post to have appeared in the Technical section, but this surely is not a real problem.

I would expect the resistor value to be in two figures but it can it not be estimated without full details covering the pump motor and its requirements.

THIS POST LAUNCHES AS A ROCKET OF DISTRESS!

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by svxcess; 12-05-2018 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Typo