View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:29 PM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX
Re: Phenolic Intake Manifold and TB spacers for the SVX/EG33 coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynethh View Post
Can anyone suggest other maintenance that will be worth doing at the same time. If the existing gaskets stick and the manifold has to be fully removed things like PCV valve, IRIS o-ring installation, small hose upgrade to viton material etc. Worth while? Anymore suggestions?
Most definitely replace the PCV valve if the IM is coming out!

I recently (2 months ago) replaced all my vacuum rubber hoses under the hood with silicone hoses and have not had any issues. Ambient temperatures have been 70*F to -15*F and under the hood upwards of +250*F.

I recommend this as it will not harden, become brittle and break. I'm not having issues with it collapsing under vacuum as I made sure to order hose with a lot of body (3mm). The ID is 4mm (5/32") for both the vaccuum hose and the windshield washer fluid hose. Although my hands and fingers are fairly large I'm lucky that they're very skinny and was able to replace all the hoses under the manifold w/out removing it.
It wasn't easy. I was being gentle but still broke EVERY single nipple under the intake manifold off in the process. Thank God for super glue & JB weld!

Order 20 feet of silicone hose. You should have ~3 feet leftover if you do all hoses. You'll be set for another 20 years
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker

Last edited by Svx95; 12-03-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: ID changed from 3mm to 4mm