Thread: Soldier Blogs
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Bipa

And now, for something completely different!
http://www.xanga.com/nrb2233

This blog is written by a 20-year old gal currently stationed in Mannheim Germany. She's got a quirky point of view about life and the military and just stuff in general.

The blog was started back in February 2003 when she was 17 and still in her last year of High School. In June 2003, she graduated from High School and passed her PT on June 14, 2003. June 30th was her going away party and there's a gap in the blog while she's in Basic Training. It picks up again September 20th 2003 when she writes:
Quote:
Yes, my first time writing in forever! I finally completed basic training. I'm at AIT right now. So much to say! But not a whole lot of time since I'm paying to use this right now. So anyways, yes, Basic Training. It wasn't super easy, but I managed! Well, it wasn't really that hard either, not physically, it was hard waking up really early though and having virtually no freedom. I did realy good on PT though, I got a 292 out of 300 on my PT test. I got stronger, yah! Oh yeah, and today is my b-day, eighteen finally, woohooo!!!!
Did I mention that this gal has some major aspirations? West Point is her goal.

Quote:
About Me

I'm 20, and have been in the Army a little over 2 years. I'm from Corvallis, Oregon, but before that Lake Tahoe, CA. I'm stationed in Mannheim Germany right now as a self-proclaimed computer nerd. I was recently accepted into the West Point prep school and am not really looking forward to a greater loss of freedom than I all ready have, but it will be worth it! Here you will find happiness, silliness, sarcasm, complaining, and any other range of emotions I'm feeling at the moment (Mostly toward the Army!)