View Single Post
Old 07-12-2003, 08:55 AM
alacrity024

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??

Just when I'd thought you'd become a decent individual, you post this crap . While he 1.8T is a great engine it was never available in the Corrado, so why do you mention it? My VR6 powered Passat was a solid car that served me exceptionaly well (not maintenance prone). My current 1.8T Passat has been by far the best car I've ever owned. Since I've owned both does this make me a ****HEAD? What a broad-brushed over-generalization. Exactly what I've come to expect from you Rob.

Todd
believe it or not, todd, i'm going to go ahead and agree with rob on this one. in my experience, vw owners seem to be self-righteous, egotistical a-holes. pay close attention to the phrase "in my experience." i'm positive that not ALL vw owners are jerks, but in my life, all the VW dudes i've met were real tools. now on the flip side of the spectrum, all the vw GIRLS i've met have been cute, friendly, and basically fun to be around. calling all VW owners jerks is a stereotype, i know, but let's face it.. stereotypes exist for a reason.

and i'm really not too thrilled with the overall reliability of VW's that i've experienced.. i dated a girl from a "VW Family" with a couple of jetta's and a beetle.. her jetta consistently refused to start for no apparent reason, and her mom's jetta chewed through 2 transmissions in 3 years..

anyway, all things considered, it's a good thing that a) you're not a jerk and b) your VW stable has served you well..

-adam