View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
more info.

ok. here's the whole thing -i think.
jdm imported svx engine with 65,000km's . one thing that i know about the swap is that they switch in the egr system from the "old" engine to the "new". i only found this out last week - a week after i got the car. and i said to them "why" ,"to past emissions testing" , "who cares, i could find a way around that"
but that might not be too important. they switched the altenator, fuel rails/injectors, spark plugs, ignitions coils, purge selonoid, crank pulley ( i told them to, i have the motorsport one piece). and they tried to not give me back, the fuel rails/injectors, ignition coils. so i just picked it off their shelves and told them that i bought the whole engine, everything belongs to me. i pulled off some of the other sensors from the "old" engine. the last thing is that i believe that they changed out the torque converter - tell me if this is wrong because it was blue. looked like a blue donut shape

after i got the car, first thing is that i noticed is the check engine light coming on shortly after i hit the highway - code 37 for left o2 sensor. only comes on after a short period of time, going on the highway usually puts it on, but even normal driving to about 60-80 km/hr would do it too. i need to get that checked out.

the sound that i hear is heard on and off, in park, neutral and of course in gear, d.
i would say that it's more towards slower acceleration, lower speeds- not necessarily not lower rpms (i'm not too sure if it is rpm related). i dont notice the sound when i am going 60 or 100+.

it's not really noticeable if you are outside of the car with the hood open listening while the car is running, but while you are in the car it is audible.
i put some lucas engine treatment oil into the engine oil. but honestly i think the sound has gotten a little more audible - unless it's just me picking on it the times i hear it now.
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic