View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd

The salesman said he broke it in nice an easy on his trip - never took it above 4,000rpms. From how grabby the clutch is I can tell no hard drop launches were done. As a precaution, I changed out the factory break-in oil today (put in Mobil 1 5W-30) and it came out nice and clear with no metal particles. Everything's working fine with no unusual noises other than that spooling turbo which I'm still getting used to!

-Chike
DOOT!!! GO CHANGE IT AGAIN. SYNTHETIC NOT GOOD UNTIL 10k or higher (even then it isn't recommended by Subaru). In reality sythetic isn't any better for the car at all then a good grade tradional oil except for consistant short driving where the car rarely warms up and for extended service period (which in reality aren't always the best as other little things tend to get missed by the lazy who buy and drive only).

I didn't go to syn until the 3rd oil change at 7000 miles on the wifes (which was 1.5 years into it).