Thread: Just a Newbie"
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 06:56 AM
grcforce327

Cool Just a Newbie"

I hadn't seen an SVX until a customer brought one to the shop with tranny problems.The front pinion gear had sheared some teeth(common problem).I offered to buy the car from him.He called that weekend and agreed to sell it.I called a company in jersey we deal with, that sets these front diffs in a special jig with the updated pinion gear from Subaru and machined transfer gear,and told him to send it to me.I took care of rebuilding the rest of the "R4AX-EL"transmission in these vehicles(they are Nissan "RE4RO1A" intenally)spliced in a new Nissan solenoid pack(alot cheaper at $78.00)and used my Nissan shift kit techniques to make the shifts crisp and clean.
I did a tranny in a supercharged Pontiac Grandprix in trade for bodywork and paint on the SVX , and bought drilled and slotted rotors and did the brakes.I ended up deciding on SSC PERFORMANCE rims because I thought the factory rims really took away from the appearance of the car.The car had 3 almost new Cooper Cobra GTH tire and I was able to find the forth one on line(probably the last one in the USA)! I installed a set of iridium sparkplugs (which was kinda fun) and a pcv valve(I now have a new modified 19mm wrench)
In short,it was suppose to be just another car to drive,but now it looks alittle to nice(the interior is excellent and the car has 78,000mi) to drive all the time!
Just thought I'd share it with you guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svx (1).jpg (598.6 KB, 217 views)