View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 11:39 AM

locking stuborn steering wheel adjustment

Steering wheel height adjustment.
My third lever, the one under the steering wheel, right next to the dash won’t lock the steering wheel the way it is suppose to.
There are these little stairs just above the third lever under the middle of the steering wheel right in the center next to the dash
And this roll pin looking thing with a spring on it moves up these stairs and gets locked against a barrier.

So if I get out a flashlight I can see the little stairs and the roll pin looking thing.
Then if I pull the lift lever on the left of the driver’s side of the steering wheel I can pry the roll pin looking thing by placing the tip of a long screwdriver against the roll pin and using the steering wheel as a folcrom.

Then I can adjust the height of the steering wheel by bypassing the lever on the left side of the steering wheel and only using the lever under the steering wheel.

Using the lift lever on the left side of the steering wheel seems to knock my locking position back to where it only works in the lowest position.

I am sure something is out of adjustment or worn out which forces me to use this other method.
thanks dwayn