View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Dean

Dwayn, it sounds like you have what I thought I had until I found the third lever. Make sure you are not paying a mechanic to just pull the right lever for you.

For my 95 (same for all?) I have two levers on the left hand side of the steering column where it meets the dash. One is labeled "Lift up" and returns the steering wheel to its full upright position, and leaves it "floating" until you pull it back to where you have it locked at. Sounds like yours, like mine was, is locked at its lowest position, making it very hard to move your leg/foot from the gas to the break pedal. Next to that is a lever marked "Telescopic" which when used allows you to adjust the steering wheel's distance from you

But there is a third lever, its label is also on the left hand side marked "Tilt Knob". Its label is misleading as the lever is under the column near where the dash meets the underside. That lever is what sets the locking position of the wheel.

Thats what I found with mine and now am very happy that I can set the steering wheel where I want.

Hope that helps