View Single Post
Old 11-03-2001, 03:58 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Zombie
hmmm.... this really isnt a "current" vehicle, but its the clostest compeditor to the SVX I have ever seen.... it has the SVX perfomance wise, alot quicker than we are, but the SVX has a little bit of stying ove it... the Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4. Rare: yes, expensive repairs: yes. Pretty: yes. they even get a little bit of "What the heck kind of car is that?" (not nearly as much as we do). the 300 gt base and SL models seem to be all over the place, but the twin turbo all wheel drive critters are rare. Same for the dodge stealth sister car.... I like the taillights of the stealth, but the front and and spoiler of the 300 GT. They have a functional downforce spoiler that raises ala porsche at 55 or so MPH.... Granted I'd rather have a porsche inspired motor than a porsche inspired spoiler any day of the week... but I think these cars are our closest kin/rival..... thats my.02
Perhaps "closest" feature for feature, I can concede to, but, it still swings far further to the "sports" genre than the "luxury." Again, the SVX outwardly and inwardly screams "I am where luxury and sport meet." The SVX's main competitor, when produced, was the Lexus Sport Coupe -- but, the AWD gives it the competitive edge, as well as "for the money" attributes.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI