View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: How To Do the Bosch Relay Mod???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
There should be no difference in respect of manual or auto transmissions regarding this situation.
In a wiring sense, there surely is not. The difference is in the operation. Shifting gears? The manual uses the clutch (activating the ground circuit) where the automatic does not. Stopping at an intersection? Most people don't shift their automatic into neutral at stops, and thus, they wouldn't activate the ground circuit, where, once again, the manual transmission would demand that the clutch activate the ground circuit.

It's kind of like not noticing something in your house because you never go in the room it's in. If you do activate the ground circuit (with the clutch) on a regular basis (also known as "all the time"), then any ill effects will be noticed.

This is my case.

The wiring we're doing here changes a circuit in its resistance - both as a sum and as a serial voltage drop.

As for the problems associated with doing this mod, I'm more interested in a solution that alters the circuit than living with them simply because I can start my car every time I turn the key, which is still a treat.