Old 11-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Too rich for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy

If you made a general enquiry from VRT, would they be able to give a theoretical valuation for you to work from? Seems a little unfair if they don't use some sort of book price.

As the old saying goes "Every cloud has a silver lining" Your high taxes save me a fortune. I buy my vans new from Eire and as they are exported I pay no tax. (Guernsey is tax free for cars) BUT to be competitive, the manufacturers pretax price in Eire is about 40% less than here. This means that I can buy a van, run it for two years and then sell it for about £1k more than I paid for it. Yipee

Andy
First question, yes, in general. The more cars of a particular type that go through the system, the better they can estimate the price, and they use a range of conditions along the line of Excellent, Good-fair and Trade-poor, hence the three prices I mentioned earlier.

However, when you present them with a model such as the SVX with maybe three in the whole of Ireland, puts the database in a wobble, and the reaction is "You're buying a wha??"

And as for the fact that you and the rest of England and Northern Ireland can buy cars here in Ireland for next to nothing, and personally import them with no import duty, I am trying very, very hard to be happy for you. As you say, Andy, Yippee

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl