View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: The "Ground Zero Mosque"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Sorry guys I just saw this thread.

To compare your case with the Muslim Mosque, I am going to give you the other way around: The Christian Church in a Muslim country (Qatar).

Even though the Emir donated the land for constructing the Church (a good gesture I suppose), he put restrictions on four things mainly:

- No CROSS apparent on top of the Church so that it looks like any other building, or a mosque without the Muslim "moon" on it.

- No BELL to be installed on top of the Church, WHATSOEVER!

- The Church will be located in a far... far away area (so that people cannot reach it easily)...

- ONE Church is to exist in Qatar.

The same restrictions are also for UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman. In Saudi Arabia and Yemen, no CHURCHES/CROSSES are allowed... Sunnis are more fanatic against Christians I suppose... In Iran, they are entitled to build up as many Churches as people desire, they have around 300 and counting...

I supposed I gave you ideas on what to protest against concerning this mosque...
Danny-

One of the founding principles of the United States is the freedom to practice whatever religion or beliefs you have. This is supposed to be fairly universal. In my opinion, it's one of the many things that makes this country a great place to live.

It's interesting to hear how these situations are treated in other countries. I'm just not really sure that it has an application in this situation.

m
2001 Audi S8