View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 02:05 PM
DWayne2910

Bims & Bikes

Pretty Bimmer! Sounds like it's got all the right mods, while it looks original...very nice.
My '71 is actually a 1602. Originally a European version with right hand drive, it was converted to LHD and brought over here. It was fitted with a full roof - length fabric sunroof by original owner in England.
When I got it, I added single Weber, tuned exhaust header and ANSA pipes. Despite smaller motor, it has plenty of pep.

The Duck is probably as close to a Ferrari as I'll ever get, but for me, it's just about close enough. As you said, the sound it makes is worth the price of admission...and it handles as good as it sounds.
I bought it used in '96 and have put over 23k on it since then with no probs of any kind. I think Ducks are similar to the SVX when it comes to what you hear about maintenance. Like this site, the Ducati site seems to be full of horror stories about mechanical failures/glitches, but after awhile I came to suspect that many of the problems were the result of hard use/abuse, or lack of proper care.
My experience with both the SVX and Duck has been that with proper care in maintenance and driving/riding, I've had no problems with either beyond the routine. Another key to this is knowing where to get good service and I've been lucky on both here.

My compliments on your choice of bike, too. If I didn't have the Duck, I'd lust for a Daytona.