View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
alright, hey guys, i don't know about ya'll but if some person came into my house with shoes on, while the rules are, no shoes in the house, i would think that would be pretty disrespectful. especially once that rule is out in the open and everyone is aware of it and still it happens. you may wear shoes in your house, but this isn't your house.
That's not even remotely close to what we're dealing with here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
just don't spend much time here anymore - its like someone else's house that isn't much fun to be at, so why hang out there?
i could care less about the streetracing posts- i don't care for that stuff, either. of course, if i was deeply offended, i just wouldn't stick my snout into a thread titled "my SVX sm0k3d a Hyundai, y0!" this place used to be pretty much self-policing - a new member would post a street racing thread, they would get the big lecture from the other members, and everyone got the "vibe" that that stuff isn't really cool or appreciated on this site.
And that right there is a good enough argument to counter everything that has been said in this thread supporting the new rules. Thanks, Alan, you saved me alot of typing. You have put it better than I have been able to so far...that right there is what i'm talking about, not street racing, not what the moderators "spirit" is, but everything that was said in that paragraph.

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
don't get mad at ME because of some of the staff's unethical dealings with a past member. i'm sorry if that is still a sore spot for you, but i didn't need to be made an example of for it. whatever.
I'm so glad there is someone else speaking up who REALLY knows what's going on here and not just talking about the street racing. For those of you not in the know, there is alot more to my argument, Shark's argument, and the arguments of those who have voluntarily left the site because of what it has become.

The issue is NOT street racing...you know it, we know it, so stop trying to belittle the ordeal by putting that label on it!