View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Gentlemen,
Thank you so much for your replies.

I have finally gotten the old compressor out (half hour worth of yanking left and right, kept on rubbing against intake manifold, alternator and other things).

I am getting ready to put my "other" compressor in, as you can see in this pic:

Before I mount the replacement compressor, all I need to do is drain the old oil out, correct?

Can you guys confirm the correct way to do this? Do I simply put it upside down and let it drip, or do I remove one of the bolts (there's one on top and one on the back of it)? After I drain as much old oil out of it, can I go ahead and put everything back together and take it to the shop to get refilled?

Thanks for confirming everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
...how much oil to use, which you can just pour into the compressor before you close the system back up.
Hondasucks: I suppose I'll follow your oil-refilling tips AFTER the shop has flushed the system and pulled a vacuum to check for leaks, right before refilling with Freon. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I say this because the oil that's coming out of the compressor right now seems to have small dirt particles inside. Do you know if the machines that they use in AC shops flush the oil compartment of these compressors? I'll have to call and ask the guy I suppose.

Regards,

-Walter
1999 Ducati 748S (built 996 engine)

Last edited by Treppiede; 06-09-2008 at 09:15 PM.