View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourConfused View Post
yes and I have not been able to find the hi side adaptor in town anywhere cause the universal kits don't fit a suby
the universal kit I bought from autozone worked on my SVX.

As for oil, you have to use R-134a oil, somewhere under the hood is a "Subaru air conditioner" decal, and on there it will say how much oil to use, which you can just pour into the compressor before you close the system back up. Definitely need to evacuate the system, and you'll want to replace the receiver/dryer (You can get them from the dealer, if the parts house doesn't have them, they are not all that expensive, ~$80) and the O-Rings (You can get R-134a compatible O rings from autozone) while you have it open. I'd recommend having a shop or the dealer do the evac and recharge, as it's a lot easier with the proper equipment If you replace the receiver dryer, pour half of the recommended oil amount into the "out" port of the receiver/dryer, and the other half into the compressor.

Also, $110 is an EXCELLENT price, my dealer charges ~$150. You'll need to replace the O-rings on any fittings that you took apart or it will leak. An assortment of A/C O-Rings runs about $4 or so at Autozone.
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta

Last edited by Hondasucks; 06-07-2008 at 12:32 AM.