View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:25 AM

I don't....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treppiede View Post
Keith, thank you for the answer. My wording was out of order, of course I meant I would have put everything together before taking the car to him. In other words, what I meant is that with him performing all of that "task-wise", the only thing left for me to do is to change the compressor filter before putting it back together and take it to him. Therefore, do you know where the compressor filter is and how to get to it? Also, do you know the proper way to drain the old oil from the compressor?

Thanks!

-Walter
Not sure on the oil thing. Might call people that do that and ask them why it costs so much to get it done and see what they say? I would definitely get a few "second opinions")

I understand about the out of order thing.

On the form, there are various levels of expertise, as we all start learning at different times!
Just wanted to make sure.

I just woke up and started my ritual of coming here 1st!
I can look after the wife gets up. For the filter (dryer-strainer), I never had to look for it yet, but it might be on the right side attached to the line coming back from the condenser that is in front of the radiator. Could be on the left as well but will have a line attached to it from the condenser that is in front of the radiator. I wouldn't think that it would actually be in front of the radiator as well but it might. I think you can probably find it? just a guess, or 2. Might even have a sight gage attached to it. (just the ramblings of a 78 year old, half asleep person)

Keith

Last edited by kwren; 06-06-2008 at 11:36 AM.