Thread: Yesterday
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2001, 08:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Yesterday

Yesterday, I went to a retirement luncheon for a friend from my old company. I found out that the number of people "unaccounted for" from the company office on the 92nd floor of the north WTC tower is down from 60 to 13. I hope it soon becomes zero.
I raced an old souped-up Mitsubishi Eclipse on the interstate on the way home. It was white with 2 wide blue stripes running over the top from front to back, like the old Shelby Mustangs. He had me at lower speeds but he wouldn't go over 85 mph. So I took SubyDoo up to 90 and left him.
When I got home a funny thing happened. I pulled in front of the house and heard a pop. By the time I got out of the SVX, the right front tire was flat. I changed clothes then changed the tire. It's a very weird looking jack but works fine. The tool kit also had to fold-up wheel chocks. I put on the doughnut. I inspected the flat tire and found that it was a hole on the shoulder/sidewall. The tires on the car are Toyo Proxes T1-S. Since they have about 23 k on them, and noboby recommends plugging/patching the sidewall; I've decided to get 4 new tires. I'm going to get the Yokohamma AVS-db's. Locally these are about $125 per tire, mounted and balanced.
No tax in DE.

Larry III
PS: I'm really beginning to look seriously at the '94 pearly in Yonkers, NY.