View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Re: Two (nearly) complete cars!

The black car had its heart ripped out by the previous "owner." Its tranny has the famous 1-2-oh wait where's 3rd? the same as my 97 red. The (engine) electronics are gone, engine harness etc. No accessories. The electric window's, etc. remain intact. Sunroof motor also has been taken (I still have one from the green 92). It was an engine swap and thus needs a new engine with everything to be good again. If you need an ebony body part/shell, this is the best one you'll find. Not a single spec of rust, the door(s) makes a perfect solid connection every time you shut it, smoother than any of the other three I have. It is just a great shell. Silver is absolutely right. Somebody should snatch up this shell because it doesn't need a thing. Maybe has two door dings all the way around.

The shell of the green car is good, minor damage to driver fender and hood, an automatic fence got the better of it before I acquired the vehicle. I pulled out the dents and spent a few hours (ok, days) trying to make the fender straight. If you want to learn bodywork try fixing an svx part. Thin steel and no straight lines. I digress...long story short No rust.

The red 97 tranny also has a cracked rear driven gear, which is housed in the rear of the tranny and is a hard part. I actually have 3 tranny's that need good guts. Any swapping, etc. would be welcome!!

Current status of 97 red is a tranny that worked (from green 92) was put in. The car ran and shifted great. A week later neutral became its favorite gear. It never changed its mind. In fact it decided never again to engage forward, reverse, or any other way for that matter. Just like my ex
wife.http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif All other systems in car work perfectly. This car is not for parts.

And if anyone know's why a 4EAT would go front drive, not the fuse, etc. default, but a failure somewhere resulting in front drive only, please let me know.

All three of these cars are available as rollers at any time. The red 97 has a rebuilt title from the state of MA. Title of black shell is clean but no longer exists? Not sure what you might have to do to re-title the vehicle. Green 92 has salvage title. And yes I have it. Only title I do not have is the black 92.