View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: factory ignitor(s)?

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko

Ah, so the block has six ignitors. I'm looking at my aftermarket ecu options. I'm trying to determine how to wire up wasted spark mode. (The ecu I want has only 5 coil drivers, so wasted spark is a necessity.) I'm guessing I'll just take the signal off one of the coil drivers on the aftermarket ecu and run it into two ignitors (e.g. wire one coil driver into the ignitors for cylinders 1 & 2 which fire 360 deg out of phase, one coil driver into the ignitors for cylinders 6 & 5, and one coil driver into the ignitors for cylinders 3 & 4). Is this possible and correct?
5 coil drivers?
Any way yes you could run three double coils. When we did my sons Datsun, the head we fitted used 6 coil on plugs. We changed to a GM ECU and ran three double fires. No problems but that did not have an auto that shuts down every second firing to ease the selection of gears when the idle is fast.

Harvey.

As an after thought, the ECU has 6 trigger wires going to the ignitor block, you could tie 1&2, 3&4. and 5&6 trigger wires together with diodes and trigger the pair together. Still use the 6 coils on the plugs.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.

Last edited by oab_au; 01-22-2004 at 06:30 PM.