View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 08:35 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXfan01
So the question of the day is... How much horsepower can a streetlegal car have... to stay considered a street legal car?
Horsepower doesn't matter.... How about drivability??? I have driven a 2.5RS with STi Gears and a 4 puck cerrimetallic clutch, light weight flywheel and everything like that... Let me tell you, that thing (all 180hp of it) was the worst driving car I have ever driven!!! I wouldn't consider that thing to be street legal at all... There was no "middle" for the clutch... it was either MASSIVE shudder or fully engaged... I hate to think about what that flywheel looked like, clutch probably tore it to pieces after a year...

So as you can see, it is not about the horse power of a car that detirmines if it is street legal or not... What really matters is Safety, emissions and noise requirements....

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...